GearEye user manual
GearEye solution enables monitoring items tagged with UHF RFID stickers.
The GearEye app and the Scanner device help organizing items into specific lists, tracking on-demand either the entire group of items or an individual object, ensuring the tagged items are around.
The app helps you stay focused on using, not managing, your gear.
- The Basic kit contains the GearEye scanner, which is a compact UHF RFID reader, and 20 passive UHF RFID tags. The proper tag selection and placement on an item may be crucial for its successful scanning later.
- Works with Android or iPhone mobile devices that support BLE 5.0 and later.
- The GearEye app enables creating of up to 10 personalized lists, up to 50 different items in each.
- Input: PD 27W max, 5V-5A / 9V-3A / 15V-1.9A / 20V-1.4A
Output: PD 20W max, 5V-4A / 9V-2.2A / 15V-1.3A / 20V-1A
- You should fully charge your GearEye at least 2 hours before first use. The charging USB type C port is located on the bottom of the GearEye device. The device will turn ON while charging.
- Any standard charging/data cable for USB type C can be used.
- Extensive app usage, constant tracking, or the active search may decrease your phone's battery lifetime and the GearEye device's battery life.
- The battery status will appear on the app toolbar and also as the LED indication.
ON/OFF states, Reset and Sleep mode
- Turning ON for the first time or exiting the power shutdown mode happens after connecting the charging cable to the USB port of the GearEye device.
- A long 10-second press of the upper push-button will cause a power shutdown.
- Use the same push-button to enter or exit the Sleep mode with a short 1-second press. NOTE: Sleep mode uses low energy consumption but may eventually drain the battery.
- The Reset of the GearEye device can be triggered with a toothpick through the hole in the bottom area. NOTE: only gentle push is possible, do not use sharp objects.
Quick start guide
- The GearEye device communicates with a phone via Bluetooth and transmits to the mobile app all the information about your RFID-tagged items.
- Start the GearEye app on your phone and Pair the GearEye scanner with the GearEye app. You will be requested to register for the first time.
- The GearEye app will take you through the required setup, and may ask to update the software via Wi-Fi.
- After pairing your GearEye device, you can create your lists, add items tagged with RFID tags, assign them names, and take their photos.
- After the registration, the GearEye app may scan multiple items to check that everything is around and alerts if anything is left behind.
- The GearEye app may help locate an individual missing item by increasing or decreasing the sound's volume depending on the distance to the item being searched.
- To work correctly, the GearEye app will ask permission to access your phone's location services because it uses GPS and location data and records the discovered items location history upon each RFID scanning.
- The GearEye app will need your permission to run in the background to track items.
- Press the Scan button to discover items, press Stop Scan to stop scanning. The GearEye app will show missing items marked with X and seen items marked with V. The item marks can also be changed manually.
A visual LED indication appears in different colors and blinking on the upper part of the GearEye device in the following conditions:
- Connected/disconnected from the phone
- Sleeping state
- Low battery
- The smartphone needs to be close enough to the GearEye device to stay connected.
- The GearEye device works optimally in the free space. It can be held in hand as in the picture below:
- Keep GearEye at a minimum of 20 cm distance from a body, head, or other person.
- When GearEye is operating, do not hold the cord in hand.
- Avoid covering the air slots on the LED light area at the top and around the USB slot at the bottom, when the device is scanning.
- If GearEye cannot find a tag, try to change the device’s position and orientation, or gently wave it around.
- GearEye works better if it is far from any metal object or surface.
- There are certain environmental conditions in which the GearEye will not be able to scan items properly, especially when the items are near metal objects. Double-check your items to make sure they are around.
- Keep GearEye away from water or other liquid drops.
- Do not fold or pull the cord to avoid mechanical damage.
- Avoid shaking or dropping the device.
FCC Radio frequency interference statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
GearEye is not responsible for any radio or communication interference caused by using other than specified or recommended cables and battery or by unauthorized changes or modifications to this equipment. Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the manufacturer could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Customer support Please contact us here, via at www.geareye.co/contact
Modifications are prohibited Any modifications made to this device or opening it will void its warranty by GearEye as well as the authority granted to the user by the FCC to operate this equipment.
CAUTION RISK OF EXPLOSION IF BATTERY IS REMOVED OR REPLACED